We've just added six new cartoonists to the site!
1) The first one is Dave Granlund, a freelance cartoonist who was recently in the news as his job was eliminated at the MetroWest Daily News. We may all be freelancers soon as all the jobs disappear. Dave does excellent work and I wish him luck in his freelance career. See Dave's archive here. E-mail Dave.
2) Victor Ndula draws for the Nairobi Star in Kenya. Victor writes:
Kenya has recently been in the headlines all for the wrong reasons , a botched election cost the lives of an estimated 1500 innocent Kenyan's and 500,000 are now living in internally displaced peoples camps. The former UN secretary general brokered a peace deal a that was sealed with a cabinet swearing of a coalition government ... though back from the brink, we are not out of the woods yet and it will be a long painful journey to normalcy. As cartoonists we had the un-enviable task of telling the uncomfortable truth, interestingly, our brothers in Zimbabwe are going through an almost similar situation ...
I'm happy to welcome Victor to the site. See Victor's archive. E-mail Victor.
3) I met Jianping Fan on my recent trip to China. He hails from Guangzhou (formerly Canton) in steamy Southern China. The cartoonists in Guangzhou seem to have more freedom than cartoonists in other parts of China, because they live near Hong Kong where the Chinese are used to seeing much more of the news on TV than elsewhere in China - I think Jianping's work shows that freedom and is pretty worldly-wise. Take a look at his archive.
4) Sergey Elkin works from Moscow and his cartoons appear in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. As Sergei puts it: "Mostly I draw Putin."
See Sergey's archive. E-mail Sergey.
5) I remember seeing Randy Jones' work for many years. His work sits on the borderline between political cartoons and illustrations, which, to my eye, makes them more sophisticated.
Randy is part of a group of cartoonists that self syndicate their work to newspapers from Inx.com. They are an impressive, entrepreneurial bunch. See Randy's archive. E-mail Randy.
6) Martin Kozlowski is the ringleader of the Inx.com group. He also draws in an editorial cartoon/illustration crossover style, but Martin has a comic book flair to his work. E-mail Martin. See Martin's archive.
Download Daryl Cagle's color photo - Download Daryl Cagle's black and white mug shot photo